Activities on Maui
It would be impossible to list all the Maui attractions and activities here, so here's just a brief list of some of our favorites:
Maui attractions and activities:
- A variety of Maui activities are availalbe at Maui Sights & Treasures, a locally owned and operated conceirge & activity company. The staff & owners are Maui experts and can help make your Maui vacation memorable.
- Whale watching. Whale watching season is from November to May, though the majority of whales reside off Maui's shores in January through March.
- Swimming. In any one of Maui's famous beaches, but you can also seek out waterfalls in Haleakala National Park and soothing ocean baths, off Hana Highway.
- Snorkeling. There are a number of snorkeling tour operators. Black Rock in Kaanapali is one of the best spots for snorkeling on Maui.
- Surfing. Check out our surf report on the Maui Beaches page.
- Windsurfing. Some of the best windsurfing in the world is on Maui. Hookipa Beach is a legendary spot.
- Scuba Diving. Lessons are available from any number of reputable dive schools.
- Kayaking. Some of the best kayaking spots are near Kihei and Kapalua.
- Hiking. There are trails all over the island. Haleakala National Park is especially worthwhile where you can hike the crater floor.
- Biking: There are many bike rentals shops on the island. There is also the famous Haleakala drop, coasting down 10,000 feet in approximately four hours.
- Horseback Riding: A number of stables offer horses and tours. One of the most rides is deep into the Haleakala crater.
- Tennis: Tennis courts and readily found at many places on the island. County courts are free.
- Golf. There are a number of world class golf courses on the island, including two exceptionally designed courses at Wailea. The Maui Golf Review is a helpful guide.
- Helicopter tours. See the dazzling variety of Maui's landscape from the sky. A number of tour operators are on the island.
- Cruises. Take a cruise for breakfast, dinner, sunrise, sunset, you name it. Many cruises leave from Lahaina harbor.
- Sport fishing. Charters are available for every island. Many of sport fishing charters depart from Lahaina harbor.
- Charter Sailboats. Available for almost any destination or adventure, a great place to host your Maui wedding.